General Public Information
Registering for Health Service Treatment
- Bring your medical card (issued by the Business Services Organisation) to the dentist on your first visit. To obtain a new medical card showing your Health and Care Number, you can request one from BSO by clicking here.
- Agree with dentist if you will be registered as a Health Service patient.
- Agree Health Service and private treatment option.
- Request a treatment plan and estimate of cost (Form HS45DC or equivalent).
If you are registered for Health Service treatment and meet one of the conditions listed below, you do not have to pay for your Dental treatment:
- You or your partner are in receipt of Income Support, Income-based Jobseekers Allowance or Income-based Employment Support Allowance
- You or your partner are in receipt of Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- You are named on a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- You are named on a valid HS Charges certificate (HC2)
- You are named on a valid HS Charges certificate (HC3) which may entitle you to partial assistance.
- You are 18 years of age or under
- You are 18 years of age and in full time education *
- You are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and hold a charge exemption certificate
* If you are registered for Health Service treatment and you are 18 years of age and in full time education you do not have to pay for your HS Dental treatment. In order to qualify under full time education, you must be under 19 years of age and undertaking a full-time course no higher than Level 3, such as A Level, BTEC National Diploma, AVCE, NVQ Level 3. Degree and BTEC Higher National Diploma courses do not qualify as full-time education.
I would like to change my address or order a new medical card
Please click here to report your change of address with the BSO Medical department and order a new medical card.