Skip to Main Content Skip to Site Map Skip to Accessibility Statement

How to claim a refund

Sight Test Refunds

Ask the person who tests your sight for a receipt that shows that you paid for the test and the date of payment. Complete a HC5 refund claim form, making sure you put the date of your sight test on it.

The HC5 tells you what to do next.

Glasses or contact lens refunds

If you have already used a voucher towards the cost of your glasses or lenses you cannot get a refund, unless it was only a “complex lens” voucher. Nor can you claim a refund of the difference between the voucher value and the actual cost of your glasses or lenses, even if they cost more that the voucher value.

If you want to claim a refund, ask the person who supplies your glasses or contact lenses for a receipt which shows how much you paid and the date of payment. Complete an HC5 refund form and make sure you enclose your optical prescription and your receipt with your HC5 when you send it off. The form tells you what to do.

The maximum refund you can get back will be the voucher value which matches your prescription.

Lost or damaged glasses or contact lenses

If your glasses or contact lenses have been lost or damaged and you pay for replacement or repairs, you will only be considered for a refund if you are entitled to a voucher. But the organisation has to agree that the loss or damage was due to illness before payment can be made.