Employment Law Team
Who We Are
This team provides advice, assistance and representation at all industrial tribunal cases and in employment related High Court and County Court cases. Cases will involve individual claimants or multiple cases involving hundreds of claimants. The team also provides Employment Law training to HR teams and line managers across HSC.
What We Do
Examples of the type of work we carry out include the following: –
- Defending Employment Tribunal claims, including multiple claims, from the claim form through to Tribunal Judgement, including advocacy at the Tribunal and, if necessary, providing advice about settlements and negotiating settlement of such claims.
- Providing advice, as required, to HR clients to ensure that internal hearings and other processes such as grievance and disciplinary hearings and harassment investigations are conducted fairly.
- Providing advice on policies and procedures to ensure that these are legally compliant whilst also being effective.
- Providing advice about workplace disputes, including guidance on the most appropriate steps to take to resolve the dispute and provision of advice about settlement agreements including the use of mediation.
- Providing advice on all areas of employment law, as required.
In addition, we provide training to our clients to ensure that that they are up to date with employment law changes and that they have the practical skills to help them deal with employment issues.
We work closely with our clients to ensure that all advice and representation is pragmatic, consistent, up to date and relevant to their needs.