BSO Clinical Education Centre (CEC)
The HSC Clinical Education Centre (CEC) is a unit of the Business Service Organisation (BSO) Directorate of Operational Services.
CEC design and deliver education that supports Nurses, Midwives and Allied Health Professionals across Northern Ireland. By working closely and collaboratively with clients we design, develop and deliver a wide range of programmes across a wide variety of fields of practice and settings to meet the learning and developments needs of local workforces. The CEC operates from four sites across Northern Ireland.
The CEC approach to the delivery of high quality education is built around the following principles:
- Working in partnership with our statutory sector partners and users to be responsive to their specific needs
- Delivering education on four sites to be as close as possible to our clients workplace
- Planning, developing and delivering education to support patient / client centred care
- Involving and integrating patient / clients in the co-production and delivery of education programmes
- Promoting learning that is motivational, aspirational, and relevant to practice
- Enabling personalisation of learning so that it is adaptable to different needs and styles
- Providing evidence-based education that is informed by the most recent regional, national and international guidelines, policies, legislation and best practice
- Achieving regulatory standards and aspiring to achieve more
- Evaluating and sharing the effectiveness of our education and any lessons learnt
- Enabling the transfer of best practice across the nursing, midwifery and AHP workforce in Northern Ireland
- Responding to the Private / Independent Sector needs
Further information on the HSC Clinical Education Centre (CEC) can be found here.
If you would like to get in contact CEC regarding any issue please do so using the details below:
Telephone – 028 9536 1200