Equality and Human Rights
The Business Services Organisation (BSO) Equality Unit provides a high-quality bespoke Equality and Human Rights service to support our partners in delivering better health and wellbeing outcomes for Northern Ireland’s diverse population and in developing their recruitment and employment practices to become Employers for Choice for a diverse workforce.
The Equality Unit currently provides services to:
|Blood Transfusion Service
|Business Services Organisation
|SPPG (formerly Health and Social Care Board)
|NI Guardian Ad Litem Agency
|NI Medical and Dental Training Agency
|NI Practice and Education Council for Nursing and Midwifery
|Northern Ireland Social Care Council
|Patient and Client Council
|Public Health Agency
|Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority
|Safeguarding Board for Northern Ireland
The services provided by the BSO Equality Unit include:
- Expert advice and guidance on statutory obligations and compliance with relevant equality, disability and human rights legislation, including one-to-one support on equality screening and equality impact assessments.
- Developing, organising, delivering and evaluating training.
- Supporting clients in consultations and engagement with external stakeholders.
- Developing joint good practice initiatives and supporting clients in their delivery.
- Supporting clients in the development, delivery and review of their Equality and Disability Action Plans.
- Coordinating the drafting and submission of statutory reports, such as the Annual Progress Report to the Equality Commission on implementation of Section 75 and the disability duties.